So 2019 is almost over and it’s that time a year again where everyone reflects back on their best and worst films of the year. So first up… the 10 WORST films of 2019 (with a few honourable mentions!). And, as always, there were more than a few to choose from..
Stinker of LAST Year: Holmes & Watson
In Brief: The film so bad I actually forgot i watched it. Nothing funny here just a total miss of a movie. Worst thing – It actually came out in 2018 and this whole year I had this down as my 2019 Worst film of the year. I now hate it even more.
Stinker of the Year (2019): The Dead Don’t Die
In Brief: Pretentious? Yup. Boring. Yup. Pointless? Even more so. The Dead Don’t Die is just a total slog.
2. Lucky Day
In Brief: Roger Avery is back. And it’s pretty clear he has no idea how to make a film anymore. Sub Tarantino garbage.
3. Alita: Battle Angel
In Brief: So many years. So much money. So little point.
4. Hellboy (2019)
In Brief: It’s total garbage. A boring, mess of a film that offers nothing new and even less interesting.
5. The Fanatic – It’s just really, really, really stupid.
6. Godzilla: King of The Monsters – Lots of money + lots of monsters + zero plot still equals a shit film
7. 3 From Hell – Rob Zombie shits on his few decent movies with this tedium.
8. Close – Another year another failed Netflix movie.
9. Anna – A dull Luc Besson action film that the world could have happily have done without
10. X-Men: Dark Phoenix – Big budget, big ideas, stupid film and worst… it’s totally forgettable. The 2nd worst X-Men movie (yes this is still not as bad as X-Men 3)
Dis-Honourable Mentions: Velvet Buzzsaw , Into The Ashes, Killer Sofa, Child’s Play (2019), Crawl, Pet Sematary (2019), Gemini Man, Triple Threat, The Banana Splits Movie, Trial By Fire, Stuber, Rabid (2019), Angel Has Fallen
The 2019 Films I just couldn’t Finish: Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers, Mary Queen Of Scotts
Follow us on Social Media:
Phil Hobden is the former Film Editor & Writer for renowned martial arts focused COMBAT MAGAZINE in the UK. He is also a filmmaker in his own right, having produced two cult Independent action films in LEFT FOR DEAD and TEN DEAD MEN. He was the host for the award nominated Filmsploitation podcast for 4 years, currently co-hosts Ross And Phil Talk Movies and is a writer/editor for his own blog Phil’s Quick Capsule Review…