In these rather strange and troubling times we are living in at the moment it is of course very easy to get depressed and down in the dumps. Many of us are naturally struggling to fill the time in the absence of being able to do normal things – like visit family and friends, go to the pubs, restaurants, theatres or cinemas. So what to do to stave off the COVID19 blues? Some people are playing board games, some are listening to music, others are on their play stations or Xboxes.
However if you are like me (a notoriously obsessed film geek) you may be raiding your dvd/blu ray collection or trawling though Netflix and Amazon Prime in search of some thing to watch. So to help you all out I have compiled a few lists of films and box sets to see you though the coming weeks.
Next Up: Film Series (some of this lot might be an acquired taste so apologies in advance)
- The Hobbit Trilogy
- The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
- The Dark Knight Trilogy (Batman Begins/The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises)
- The Indiana Jones Films (please not the 4th one though!)
- Harry Potter Films
- Rocky 1, 2, 3 4, 6, Creed and Creed 2 (avoid Rocky 5!)
- First Blood/Rambo First Blood Part 2/Rambo 3/ Rambo/Rambo The Last Blood – (parental guidance recommended)
- The Expendables 1 – 3
- All 13 Star Trek Films (use caution here – can be detrimental to health – forget Covid19 you may catch Geekitis -theres no cure so be careful!)
- Back To Future 1, 2 and 3
- The Alien Films -in this order- Prometheus, Alien Covenant, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Ressurection
- The Godfather 1 2 and 3
I’ll be back with more lists to help get you through the current Film and new release shortage!