Captain America: Civil War- A Quick Capsule Review

Captain America: Civil War- A Quick Capsule Review

Phil’s Quick Capsule Review:
Okay so I’m wondering: am I over Marvel films?  I’m starting to enjoy each one a little less.  Don’t get me wrong they are never anything less than good (well okay maybe not Ultron) but the rinse-repeat formula is getting little old.  Winter Solider stood out form the crowd, a political thriller in the larger world of a Marvel super hero movie, it showed how good a Marvel film could be. Civil War doesn’t quite hit those heights overall but it certainly has it’s moments. Spiderman (finally done right), the titular smack down between the heroes, the clever narrative twists: it’s 75% a great film.  It’s just a shame the other 25% is a bit flabby, overwrought and a bit been-there-done-that.  Also with so many people on screen again certain characters get a short shrift.  SO not top draw Marvel (Guardians, Winter Solider, Avengers) more top of the rest (Ant Man, Iron man 3).  Which is still pretty good… but Marvel time to do something different maybe?

Best Bit: Smack Down!

Buy, Stream, Avoid: Stream

If You Liked this Try: Captain America Winter Solider, Iron man 3, Ant Man

IMDB Rating: 

 

Author: Phil Hobden

Quick Review
avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of